Senior Citizen Sewer Rebate Program

Annual Application Required

Board Of Directors
Capital Project Updates
Committees & Task Forces
Contact Directory
Dates to Remember
Documents and Forms
(Frequently Asked Questions


Maintenance Dept
Rental Policy
Sandburg Village HOA
Welcome Packet

This is a reminder for seniors who have not yet applied for the Annual Senior Unit Owner's Sewer Rebate - all Senior Citizen Unit Owner's Sewer Rebate Applications are due to your alderman’s office July 1st and NO LATER than early December.

Senior Citizen Unit owners are eligible for a $50 annual refund in lieu of an exemption for qualified residences. 

Applications for this refund are made through your Aldermanic office.

Eligibility Requirements for the Sewer Charge Annual Refund:
✓ You must be 65 years of age, or older, as of January 1 for the year you are applying.
✓ You must be the sole owner, or owner in joint tenancy, or tenancy in common of the property.
✓ You must occupy the property as your principal place of residence.
✓ You must own a townhouse, condominium unit, or cooperative apartment that shares a common water bill.

If you are eligible to apply for a Senior Sewer Charge Annual Refund and have not yet submitted your paperwork, please visit  for additional information, a list of the required documentation, and to download the application form.
NOTE: Our Water Bill Account numbers are: 585318-585318 and 585319-585319. Only a current year water bill may be submitted for each application year. Print it, if you have a copy, or obtain a copy from the management office.
Link to 2015 Water Bill invoices  
Completed applications, and all necessary paperwork, should be submitted to:

Chicago Alderman 2nd Ward
Brian Hopkins
Office: 1319 S. State St., Suite A, Chicago, IL 60605
Home Page of Brian Hopkins:
Ward Office: 1400 N. Ashland, 60622
Phone: 312.643.2299 Fax: 312.270.4682

OR . . .
City Hall Office: 121 N. LaSalle, Room 300, Office 02, Chicago, IL 60602. City Hall Phone: 312.744.6836

Once your application is received by Alderman's office, it is introduced at the next City Council meeting and is referred to the Committee on Finance for review and processing. 
Reference (Link):

© Copyright 2018 James/Kilmer Condominium Association